This is a facilitated online training course to prepare faculty to successfully use Canvas either in their online or hybrid course or to supplement their onsite course. You can work through the course at your own pace. This is a fully online course. There are no live face-to-face meetings. You will be working in your Canvas Course Development shell to develop your Coastline course.
If you are teaching an online or hybrid course, when you have completed the training modules, you will submit the Completed Course Checklist at least 3 weeks before your course start date.
This course also covers laws and regulations for Accessibility (Section 508 and ADA), Regular and Substantive Interaction (RSI), and reporting Last Date of Attendance (LDA). By the end of this training you should be able to:
- Import a course template from Canvas Commons
- Create key elements in a Canvas course, including Modules, Assignments, Discussions, and Quizzes
- Create course content that meets federal and state requirements for Accessibility
- Evaluate instructor-student interactions for compliance with Regular and Substantive Interaction regulations
- Know how to use the various Canvas tools (attendance and tracking) to help determine no shows and Last Date of Attendance (LDA)
- Evaluate the effectiveness of different methods and strategies for teaching online, hybrid, or on-site courses
You will submit your Completed Course Checklist for review via email to email@example.com
After you’ve completed the registration form, you will receive a confirmation email. Then allow two business days to receive an email with information about how to access the course.